SF STUPID SHIT NO ONE NEEDS AND TERRIBLE IDEAS HACKATHON 7 is a weekend for making stupid shit no one needs and bringing terrible ideas to life, to take place on Saturday 3/28 and Sunday 3/29 (the weekend before April Fool's) at Noisebridge Hackerspace, 2169 Mission St 3F.
Highlights from last year's event include a laptop that explodes when your code doesn't compile, an AI calculator trained using a neural network, a kettle that only heats up while you're watching it, and the self-explanatory faxyoursenatortheirhoroscope.com
Since the original stupid shit no one needs and terrible ideas hackathon in NYC in 2014, stupid hackathons have been run in cities around the world. This year marks the seventh stupid hackathon in San Francisco. Here's the full list of past SF stupid hackathons.
- Participants can sign up for free at https://stupidhackathon.github.io/
- Teams will form at 11am on Saturday 3/28, with presentations at 1pm on Sunday 3/29.
- Anything goes: software, tupperware, vaporware.
- Categories will be lovingly selected by Amelia Winger-Bearskin, founder of the original NYC stupid hackathon, and keynote speaker at this event.
- The event will be judged by Lee, an 11-month-old baby.
- Participation is free. Kids are welcome, with supervision.
- Food and coffee are provided (sponsored by No Starch Press and Contentful)